Do you want straighter teeth? Here at the Blooming Prairie, MN, office of orthodontist Dr. Deborah Lien, we use a myriad of straightening options to tackle various issues related to bite alignment. However, if your smile requires complicated tooth or jaw movements to achieve a straighter appearance, then traditional braces will likely be the most effective solution. Additionally, if you want these braces to be less visible, then ceramic braces can offer you that added advantage—read on to learn how!
What are ceramic braces?
Traditional braces use a system of brackets and wires, which are bonded to the front of your teeth to apply just the right amount of pressure to shift teeth into the proper position. Traditional braces can treat everything from crooked teeth and unevenly spaced smiles to crowding, overbites, underbites, and a variety of other malocclusions.
Of course, sometimes patients aren’t thrilled by the fact that traditional braces are made from stainless steel. One way to combat this is to apply ceramic braces. These braces still look and function the same way as traditional braces—the only difference is that instead of stainless steel, the braces are made from clear or tooth-colored ceramic.
What are the benefits of receiving ceramic braces?
Some of the benefits of this orthodontic treatment include:
- Ceramic is a discreet material
- You may feel more comfortable smiling and talking while wearing these braces
- Ceramic braces are durable
- Ceramic braces won’t discolor natural tooth enamel
- Treatment is effective and sometimes faster than with other orthodontic systems (this will depend on the type and severity of the dental issues you are dealing with)
- Ceramic braces are easy for our dentist to remove after your treatment is complete
Interested? Schedule an orthodontist appointment today!
If you are ready to achieve the smile of your dreams, contact Dr. Deborah Lien, your orthodontist here at Lien Orthodontics, by dialing (507) 583-6613. We are proud to serve the areas of Blooming Prairie, Austin, Albert Lea, Hayfield, Rochester, and Owatonna, MN.
Straightening your teeth is one of the major benefits of orthodontic treatment. Whether you have a pronounced overbite, crowding that causes some of your teeth to overlap, or wide spaces and gaps, straighter teeth and a more symmetrical smile are at the top of the list for orthodontic patients. But in addition to the cosmetic benefits, braces also improve short and long term oral health problems, from improved oral hygiene to better nutrition and correcting alignment problems that can lead to pain and possible joint damage. Orthodontist Dr. Deborah Lien offers orthodontic treatment in Austin, Owatonna, Albert Lea, Hayfield, and Blooming Prairie, MN and surrounding communities.
Get Straighter, Healthier Teeth with Orthodontic Treatment in Austin, Owatonna, Albert Lea, Hayfield, and Blooming Prairie, MN and surrounding communities
Just like personalities, no two smiles are created equal. Some people are naturally blessed with straight teeth that fit together and align perfectly (or perfectly enough), while many others need a little help straightening the teeth they were born with. Orthodontic appliances like braces correct bite problems by slowly shifting the teeth and supportive tissue into alignment over time.
But orthodontic treatment is about more than just the way your teeth look. If your upper and lower jaw don't align correctly (known as a malocclusion), you may be at risk for chronic pain and joint damage. Malocclusions can also affect your speech, breathing, sleep, and ability to eat. If you have crowding or teeth that overlap, it can be harder to brush and floss, increasing your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
What Braces Can Treat
Your dentist might recommend that you see an orthodontist if you experience any of the following problems:
There are several options available to fit every lifestyle and age group!
Find an Orthodontist in Austin, Owatonna, Albert Lea, Hayfield, and Blooming Prairie, MN and surrounding communities
To learn more about the cosmetic and oral health benefits of orthodontic treatment, contact our office today by calling (507) 583-6613 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lien or ask about teeth straightening.
Straight teeth are the most obvious benefit of braces, but they're certainly not the only advantage of orthodontic treatment. In fact, braces can help you avoid oral health problems and even improve your speech. Orthodontist specialist, Dr. Deborah Lien, helps her patients in the Blooming Prairie, Austin, Albert Lea, Hayfield, Rochester and Owatonna, MN, area by improving their smiles with a variety of orthodontic options.
5 Benefits of Wearing Braces
- Your teeth and gums will be healthier. Crooked teeth can damage your teeth or gums, particularly if you have a bite problem. A bite problem occurs when your upper and lower teeth don't fit together properly. Even minor bite problems can cause jaw stiffness, pain, and headaches. If your bite problem is severe, you may cut your lips or mouth when you chew, wear down your tooth enamel, or even crack teeth.
- Your cavity risk may decrease. Brushing your teeth regularly is an essential aspect of removing plaque from teeth and preventing cavities. Unfortunately, if your teeth overlap, plaque becomes trapped in tight spaces and can't be removed easily. Straightening your teeth eliminates overlapping and makes keeping your teeth plaque-free much easier.
- Speaking can become easier. Your teeth, lips, and tongue all play a role in your ability to pronounce sounds. If you have a severe bite problem, it may be difficult to speak clearly or produce certain sounds. Your Blooming Prairie, MN, orthodontist can recommend an orthodontic treatment that may help improve the quality of your speech.
- Mealtimes becomes much more pleasant. Chewing, tearing, and grinding food can be a challenge if your teeth are crooked or you have a bite problem.
- Your self-esteem improves. In an ideal world, no one would be judged by the condition of their teeth. Yet, judging happens all of the time in business and social situations. If you feel self-conscious about your teeth, braces offer a simple, effective way to transform your smile.
Are you ready to improve your smile with braces? Schedule an appointment at Lien Orthodontics by calling (507) 583-6613. Dr. Lien cares for patients in the Blooming Prairie, Austin, Albert Lea, Hayfield, Rochester and Owatonna, MN, areas.
Want a straighter smile? Adult orthodontic treatment can give you the straight smile you want. While some people associate braces with adolescence, this is not the case—in fact, more adults today are undergoing orthodontic treatment than ever before! Located here in Blooming Prairie, MN, and led by Dr. Deborah Lien, Lien Orthodontics provides this smile straightening service to patients all across the Austin, Owatonna, Albert Lea, Rochester, and Hayfield areas. Read on to learn about three benefits of receiving treatment from our office!
1. Beautify Your Smile: Adult orthodontic treatment can help you achieve the beautiful smile you've always wanted. By correcting a patient's bite issues, braces can effectively alleviate a variety of dental problems, including gapped teeth, crooked teeth, protruding teeth, an underbite, overbite, and overcrowded teeth.
2. Improve Your Oral Health: In addition to aesthetics, orthodontic treatment can result in better dental health as well. This is because crowded and crooked teeth can make maintaining daily oral hygiene quite difficult. Over time, this can lead to dental cavities, gum disease, and even tooth loss. Additionally, a bad bite can interfere with speaking and chewing abilities, lead to jaw problems, and cause abnormal wear to the enamel on your teeth.
3. Prevent Health Problems: Overall health problems can also be prevented through adult orthodontic treatment. Research has shown that a healthy mouth is good for the entire body, as poor oral health can cause problems that go far beyond your smile. In fact, poor oral health has been linked to diabetes, heart disease, heart attack, high blood pressure, complications during pregnancy, and Alzheimer's disease.
Do you live near Blooming Prairie, Austin, Owatonna, Albert Lea, Rochester or Hayfield, MN? Give us a call!
A beautiful smile can boost your confidence, raise your self-esteem, and help you gain a greater quality of life. Orthodontic treatment will do you and your smile a world of good, when you call Lien Orthodontics at 507-583-6613 today to schedule an appointment at our Blooming Prairie office!
Orthodontists offer several different options for straightening your teeth. One popular orthodontic treatment for young people and adults is ceramic braces. They’re a lot like metal braces, except they come with a few advantages. Consult with Dr. Deborah Lien at Lien Orthodontics in Blooming Prairie, MN (also serving Austin, Owatonna, Albert Lea, and Hayfield, MN), to learn more about ceramic braces and how they can help your smile.
What Are Ceramic Braces?
Braces are composed of tiny brackets that are designed to clip and hold special orthodontic wires. These wires put pressure on the teeth, moving and adjusting them over a designated period of time. Usually, the brackets are made of silver-colored metal, but you have the option to choose ceramic brackets instead. Though the wires are still visible, the brackets are translucent, so they are closer in color to your teeth. If you have concerns about how your teeth will look while you wear braces, this is a viable option to consider.
Are Ceramic Braces for You?
Generally, if Dr. Lien decides that you’re a good candidate for metal braces, you will be a good candidate for ceramic braces too. They are best for patients who have orthodontic issues like:
- Tooth crowding, and teeth that overlap.
- Major bite occlusions (over and underbites).
- Gaps between the teeth.
- Individual teeth that protrude out of alignment.
Maintaining Your Braces
If you follow these tips you’ll have more favorable results both during and after the treatment:
- Maintain impeccable dental hygiene habits while wearing your ceramic braces. Brush often and remove food caught between the brackets or wires.
- Avoid foods that cause staining, and use a straw for beverages whenever possible.
- Visit Dr. Lien at regularly scheduled appointments to have your ceramic braces checked and adjusted as needed.
Consult an Orthodontist
The process of getting ceramic braces starts with an orthodontic consultation. Dr. Lien will need to look at your teeth and model them to decide on the best treatment plan. Call (507) 583-6613 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Deborah Lien at her office in Blooming Prairie, MN and serving Austin, Owatonna, Albert Lea, and Hayfield, MN.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.